Voluntary Membership in a group accident insurance program is made available to students each school year. Participation in the plan is voluntary and made available through school publications annually and parents are urged to purchase it for their children.
If you don’t already have accident insurance for your child, Cumberland County Schools has contracted with QBE Insurance Group to offer coverage, which you may purchase at their website anytime during the school year by visiting www.k12studentinsurance.com.
- Voluntary student accident insurance is “primary” insurance, meaning it pays even if you have other medical insurance.
- While you may purchase coverage anytime during the year, the cost will be the same.
- Cumberland County Schools provides limited secondary accident insurance coverage for high and middle school athletes. Primary coverage for your child is still recommended.
- Cumberland County Schools general liability insurance excludes student medical expenses unless it can be shown that the school system or district acted negligently.
- Voluntary Student Accident Insurance is recommended by school board policy.
For questions about Cumberland County Schools, voluntary insurance coverage, call the service broker, The Young Group, at (888) 574-6288. To purchase coverage directly online go to www.k12studentinsurance.com.
For more information, see Policy Code: 4220 Student Insurance Program.
Cumberland County Board of Education is committed in providing a safe and orderly environment. However, unavoidable injuries can occur. To help offset the cost of these unforeseen circumstances accident insurance coverage is available to students through The Young Group and QBE at the following rates:
School Time Only Plan
A. Standard Option $7.00
B. Intermediate Option $13.00
C. Premier Option $40.00
24 Hour Coverage Plan
A. Standard Option $41.00
B. Intermediate Option $76.00
C. Premier Option $202.00
Optional 24 Hour Dental Coverage
Annual Premium: $8.00
Athletic Coverage (Provided by Cumberland County Schools through QBE and The Young Group)